10 January 2017
RISS Call for Papers for IFLA 2017 in Wrocław, Poland is open!
As librarians, we know the importance of reference and information services, but do our users, our patrons, our funders, our non-librarian managers, or our potential clients? What stories do we tell them to prove our value? The IFLA Reference and Information Services Section invites proposals for papers to be presented at the session “Storytelling for Sustainability and Solidarity.”
Join us for WLIC 2017 in Wrocław, Poland! We invite formal papers with examples of how storytelling highlights your reference and information services. We also want to provide the opportunity for more informal storytelling. If you’d like to tell a story rather than present a formal paper, we encourage you to give us an outline.
- 6 February 2017: Deadline for submitting Proposals for Papers/Story Outlines
- 10 March 2017: Successful Speakers will be notified, and IFLA forms completed by RISS and the Speakers
- 14 April 2017: Deadline for Abstract of Paper – to be approximately 300 words
- 22 May 2017: Deadline for submission of completed Paper/Story Outline to RISS. The paper/story should be no more than 3000 words in length. The paper/story should be in one of the IFLA official languages, but the conference language is English. If the paper is in any of the other official IFLA languages than English, an accompanying translation in English must be attached.
- 19 June 2017: Deadline for submitting any Power Point slides that will be used in the presentation.