3 April 2009
Essay Contest - Free Conference Registation 2009
Academic and Research Libraries
The Academic and Research Libraries is offering THREE (3) free Registrations/Bursaries equivalent in the amount of € 400 each to an information professional from Africa, Latin America and the Asia/Pacific region to cover the registration/bursary expenses at the World Library and Information Congress: 75th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, to be held in Milan, Italy from August 23-27, 2009. The conference theme is "Libraries create futures: building on cultural heritage".
One free registration for a librarian from Africa,
One free registration for a librarian from Latin America, and
One free registration for a librarian from the Asia/Pacific region
Applicants must be able to attend the conference and will be responsible for all other costs associated with conference attendance.
The Essay Contest only covers the expense of registration to the conference!
To encourage participation in the IFLA Preservation and Conservation Satellite Meeting by providing funds for registration and transportation.
- Applicants must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- Applicants must realize and declare they are able to fund any other costs not covered by the registration grant allocated to them.
- All other expenses for hotel and travel are NOT covered by the Registration/Bursary.
- The winners of the essay contest will cover their expenses to register to attend the IFLA World Conference in Milan, Italy
- Prepare a written statement, in English, of approximately 500 words.
- Please place your complete contact information on a separate page.
- Describe your general current and future interests and activities and specifics on why attending an IFLA conference would benefit you.
- Your essay must be received by April 4, 2009.
Post Award Requirements
Recipients will write a brief article (approximately 500 words) for publication in the December 2009 issue of the Academic and Research Libraries Newsletter on their conference experience.
All applicants will receive notification of award statusno later than May 1, 2009.
All essays will be acknowledged upon receipt.
Please send your essay with your name, address, telephone number, and email address no later than Saturday, April 4, 2009 to:
FH Green Library
25 Rosedale Avenue, West Chester University
West Chester, PA 19383
Fax: +1-610-436-2251 (Attn: Stephen Marvin)
(Please be sure to include your return address or other contact information)
This Essay Contest is sponsored by IFLA Academic and Research Libraries Section.
Sue McKnight, Chair;
Stephen Marvin, Secretary;
with support from the Governing Board, IFLA