Content tagged OHCHR
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- IFLA Input to OHCHR: Minorities, Equal Participation, Social and Economic Development, and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
A call for inputs by the UN Human Rights Council centred on the persistent issues of discrimination, exclusion and marginalisation experienced by various national, linguistic, ethnic and...
Publication - 10 June 2021
Tags: Access to information, Access to knowledge, Human rights, Minority groups, Multicultural populations, OHCHR, Publications, FAIFE (Committee on Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression)
- Libraries, Minority Rights and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: IFLA contributes to an OHCHR call for inputs
The key theme of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda is “Leaving No-one Behind”; the pandemic has highlighted the urgency of addressing disproportionate barriers and disparities...
News - 10 June 2021
- Access to Information as a Dimension of Development: Supporting and Enabling Fundamental Human Rights
Meaningful access to information – including access infrastructure, user skills, relevant content, supportive policy frameworks – helps deliver on people’s civil, economic,...
News - 16 March 2021
- IFLA Input to Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights: Fostering Access to Information Held by Public Entities
Access to information lies at the heart of libraries' mission and work, and libraries have a long history of archiving, collecting or helping make accessible publications and data from local...
Publication - 6 March 2021
- IFLA Input for Report on Disinformation
IFLA has responded to a call for inputs, issued by the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the promotion and protection of the right to freedom of opinion and expression, about the...
Publication - 23 February 2021
- Media and Information Literacy as a Reponse to Disinformation
IFLA has responded to a call for inputs, issued by the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the promotion and protection of the right to freedom of opinion and expression, about the human...
News - 23 February 2021
- Libraries and Children’s Right to Privacy: IFLA Submits Comments to OHCHR Call for Inputs
Libraries have a traditional and longstanding commitment to defending the privacy of their users. As institutions that come into contact with children and teens’ data in the course of their...
News - 1 October 2020
- Libraries and Women’s Rights to Sexual and Reproductive Health: Building Awareness, Providing Access to Information and Knowledge
IFLA has submitted a response to the Office of the High Commissioner on Human Rights' call for inputs on women and girls’ sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR)....
News - 3 September 2020
- IFLA Input to a UN Human Rights Council Report on the Cultural Dimension of the Right to Education
IFLA has prepared a response to the call for submissions by the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Education, highlighting the role libraries play in realising people’s right...
News - 28 February 2020
- IFLA Input to a Report on New Information Technologies and Racial Equality
IFLA has submitted a response to a call from the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Contemporary Forms of Racism concerning the impact of new technologies, sharing experience and...
News - 4 February 2020
- Libraries and Cultural Diversity: Preserving Heritage, Promoting Dialogue
IFLA has submitted comments to the Office of the High Commissioner on Human Rights on the subject of cultural diversity and human rights. With a responsibility to preserve the heritage of all of...
News - 27 April 2019
- IFLA Submission to Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights on Cultural Diversity and Human Rights
IFLA has submitted comments to the Office of the High Commissioner on Human Rights on the subject of cultural diversity and human rights. With a responsibility to preserve the heritage of...
Publication - 27 April 2019