Content tagged library advocacy
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Lessons learned for library advocacy from the 2008 crisis: Interview with Glòria Pérez-Salmerón
While difficult financial times almost certainly lie ahead for many countries, it is not inevitable that libraries must suffer. Instead, we have an opportunity to underline the potential of our...
News - 16 February 2021
- Engaging with Politicians in Library Advocacy - Why and How
For many libraries, the world of politics can seem a long way away. However, if our institutions and profession are to get the support - both legal and financial - that we need, engaging with...
News - 28 January 2021
- What’s Your Library Advocate Personality?
Everyone has it in them to be a library advocate! Building an effective library advocacy team requires a range of skills and personalities which, together, can make for a powerful and...
Publication - 5 January 2021
- Storytelling for Library Advocacy at the Time of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced dramatic changes in the lives of libraries and the communities they serve. It has seen both examples of great innovation and resilience by library and...
Event - 8 September 2020
- Are You Advocacy-Fit? Draft IFLA Advocacy Capacities Grid
Effective library advocacy requires a combination of activities and skills. Our new draft grid aims to help associations and others assess where they stand now, and where to focus next. In...
Publication - 4 May 2020