Content tagged IFLAFromHome
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Nicaraguan libraries + IFLA Strategy: all aboard for a national strategic plan
News - 9 April 2021
- IFLA MLAS + IFLA Strategy: Engaging our membership
Closely aligned to the IFLA Key Initiative 4.3 “Increase, diversify and engage our membership" IFLA's Management of Library Associations Section...
News - 26 March 2021
- IFLA Management and Marketing Section + IFLA Strategy: International Marketing Award
Closely aligned to the IFLA Key Initiative 4.4 “Increase our visibility through excellent and innovative communications" IFLA's Management and Marketing...
News - 17 March 2021
- Mexican libraries + IFLA Strategy: on the road to empowerment
News - 25 February 2021
- IFLA Children & Young Adults Section + IFLA Strategy
News - 11 February 2021
- Russian libraries + IFLA Strategy: next generation library system
News - 5 February 2021
- IFLA RISS + IFLA Strategy: survival skills for a digital world
News - 27 January 2021
- Units + IFLA Strategy: looking back, looking forward
It is safe to say that 2020 was not what any of us expected, many having overcome great difficulties. 2021 is a time to look forward and put our planned goals for the year...
News - 15 January 2021
- Associations + IFLA Strategy: looking back, looking forward
2020 will be remembered as a year of challenges and hardship for libraries and their users, but also of resilience and innovation. Now, having already stepped into 2021, more...
News - 12 January 2021
- Iraqi Library Association + IFLA Strategy: where education and planning meet
Closely aligned to the IFLA Key Initiative 3.4...
News - 22 December 2020
- IFLA SET + IFLA Strategy: celebrating collaboration
Closely aligned to the IFLA Key Initiative 3.1 “Provide...
News - 10 December 2020
- Costa Rica Library Association + IFLA Strategy: allies in achieving the SDGs
Closely aligned to the IFLA Key Initiative 1.1 “...
News - 3 December 2020
- IFLA ARL Section + IFLA Strategy: Acting locally, Reaching Globally
Closely aligned to the IFLA Key Initiative 3.3 “Empower the field at the national and regional...
News - 25 November 2020
- IFLA LAC Section + IFLA Strategy: Uniting libraries in Latin America & the Caribbean
Inspired by the IFLA Strategy, the IFLA Latin America and the...
News - 19 November 2020
- Guyana Library Association + IFLA Strategy: resilient no matter what
Resilience is defined as the ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary. The IFLA Strategy...
News - 11 November 2020
- Inspiring library buildings: a new Instagram account you will love!
IFLA’s Library Buildings and Equipment Section (LBES) has embarked on a new initiative designed to showcase...
News - 3 November 2020
- Fiji Library Association + IFLA Strategy: Reflections and Moving forward
To coincide with the Fiji 50th Independence Anniversary celebrations and in support of the IFLA 2019-2024 Strategy, in October 2020, the Fiji Library Association (FLA...
News - 27 October 2020
- IFLA celebrates World Evidence-Based Healthcare Day
World Evidence-Based Healthcare Day, marked during Health Literacy Month, is an opportunity to highlight the impact of poor health literacy, which seriously hampers...
News - 20 October 2020
- Brazilian libraries: places of affective listening
It is time to defend and promote libraries as places of affective listening, in order to receive a society marked by significant losses. This is how Adriana...
News - 6 October 2020
- No matter your age: New Professionals - an open global network eager to meet you
Perfectly aligned with the IFLA’s Strategy Key Initiative 3.2, the IFLA New Professionals Special Interest Group (NPSIG) is proving its significance every single day...
News - 16 September 2020
- IFLAPARL: Parliaments. Partnerships. Professional guidance
Networking and partnerships are what the IFLA Library and Research Services for Parliaments Section (IFLAPARL) is about. Their collaborative spirit and work aligned to...
News - 4 September 2020
- Happy Birthday to our IFLA Strategy!
IFLA’s Strategy is already one year old! A lot has happened over these first twelve months, both for IFLA and the world as a whole. Since the first presentation at the...
News - 2 September 2020
- Paraguayan libraries align with the IFLA Strategy
The National Association of Information Managers in Paraguay (APGI), was founded in 2017. Its primary objectives of strengthening librarians and libraries are in line with the IFLA...
News - 28 August 2020
- Can old buildings be turned into libraries? A sneak peek into ENSULIB’s upcoming open access book
How has IFLA’s Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group (ENSULIB) engaged with the IFLA Strategy? By writing an open access book that will...
News - 7 August 2020
- Suriname’s libraries align with the IFLA Strategy
IFLA is organising a series of regional workshops on Strategies for Stronger Libraries in order to bring the IFLA Strategy to libraries worldwide. A key focus is on using the...
News - 6 August 2020
- Interlibrary loaning across the globe: a gap turned into a successful new global service by an IFLA Professional Unit
IFLA’s Document Delivery and Resource-Sharing Professional Unit (IFLA DDRS) has launched a new service to support the sharing of...
News - 24 July 2020
- Interviewing Nick Poole: a discussion about the IFLA Strategy
In this video we discussed the IFLA Strategy with Nick Poole, the CEO of CILIP – the Library and Information Association, in the United...
News - 16 July 2020
- IFLA Coaching Initiative: a dynamic IFLA Professional Unit programme
The goal of the IFLA Section on Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning is to develop effective continuing professional development opportunities for...
News - 8 July 2020
- In Uncertain Times, We Need Each Other More than Ever: The IFLA Strategy and COVID-19
At the moment that the IFLA Strategy was launched at the World Library and Information Congress in Athens, Greece almost no-one could have imagined the world we live in today. The...
News - 2 July 2020
- IFLA celebrates World Refugee Day
20 June is World Refugee Day, designated by the United Nations to honour refugees around the globe. This year’s theme is ‘Every Action Counts...
News - 19 June 2020
- IFLA Strategy and IFLA Professional Units
IFLA’s five-year Strategy 2019-2024 was built on the Global Vision discussion - the largest and most inclusive conversation ever in the history of our field. With...
News - 18 June 2020
- #IFLAFromHome in Latvia: An Innovative National Conference in Line with the IFLA Strategy
Last February we spotted the great action being taken by the Library Association of Latvia (LAL) in order to make the IFLA Strategy a...
News - 3 June 2020