4 Février 2021
Call for Papers: CCQ Special Issue: Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automated Processes for Subject Access
The library community has invested in the development of knowledge organization systems (KOS, such as subject headings, thesauri, taxonomies, classification, etc.) to represent general knowledge or domain-specific knowledge, standardize vocabularies with the ultimate goal to describe information resources and provide effective access to these resources. These knowledge organization systems are of great importance to the subject representation of resource content and subject access to information. Current solutions enable shifting from the traditionally manual processes to the use of technologies in the development of KOS, subject indexing, classification, and retrieval.
This special issue of Cataloging & Classification Quarterly (CCQ) will illustrate technologies, methods, and projects that implement semantic web technologies, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, other automated processes, standards and best practices for various stages of knowledge information, including KOS development, indexing and classification, and retrieval and access, with additional attention to ethical and licensing considerations.
Potential topics include (but are not limited to):
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in libraries
- Automated processes for metadata creation
- Automated processes for quality estimation and quality management
- Semantic web in knowledge organization
- Integration of Linked Open Data (LOD) in authorities & knowledge organization systems (thesauri, classifications, ontologies)
- AI/machine learning in knowledge representation, thesaurus construction, and classification schema development
- AI/machine learning in subject indexing and classification
- Automated subject indexing and classification
- Technologies, standards, and best practices
- Ethics of AI in knowledge organization
- KO open data licensing
Papers should follow the CCQ Instructions for Authors available at: https://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?show=instructions&journalCode=wccq20
We invite you to submit your paper using ScholarOne Manuscripts (https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/wccq) by April 30, 2021 for peer review.
- Paper submission: April 30, 2021
- Notification of paper acceptance: July 15, 2021