Conferences and Workshops
Here you can find information on Conferences and Workshops held by the PAC Strategic Programme and the PAC Centres as well as other relevant events held.
- PAC Busines meeting, WLIC 2018
- Joint PAC and Preservation and Conservation Section meeting, WLIC 2018
- Disaster Management Conference (23 – 24 October 2016, Alexandria, Egypt)
- Preservation and Conservation Core Activity Events at WLIC2016 (13 – 19 August 2016, Columbus, Ohio, US)
- 2016 Preservation and Conservation Section satellite meeting in Washinton D.C. (10 – 11 August 2016, Washington, DC, US)
- 3rd United Nations World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction - Cultural Heritage and Disaster Resilient Communities
- Workshop on Library and Archive Material Mitigation of Water-Damage in Sri Lanka
- Preservation and Conservation workshop in Kenya - hosted by the PAC Centre for English-speaking Africa (based in South Africa)
Naoko Kobayashi (Director Pac Asia Regional Center) and Christiane Baryla (Director IFLA PAC Strategic Program) will give a presentation at Cultural Heritage and Disaster Risk Reduction International Conference, November 18-20, 2013, Bangkok, Thailand.
The Conference is intended to provide updated clear information on the link between climate change and cultural heritage as well as practical steps that can be taken to alleviate negative impacts. In addition, while it is acknowledged that climate change is a major issue that impacts negatively on the environment and has subsequent consequences in relation to increased flooding, drought, rising temperatures, energy supplies, food supplies, social structures including migration, lack of resources leading to increased conflict, poverty, and other social ills; rarely is the impact of climate change on cultural heritage- both tangible and intangible- addressed.
- IFLA-PAC and IFLA Rare Books and Manuscripts Section Satellite Meeting, 11-12 Augut 2011, San Juan, Puerto Rico: "Libraries in Islands. Setting-up Collections, Promoting Cultural Heritage and Networking."
- IFLA-PAC Open Session, IFLA WLIC 2011, 18 August 2011, San Juan
- IFLA-PAC Cycle "Preservation and the four elements", 2nd conference: "Water Impact on Library, Archival and Museum Materials" 29 October, 2009 - 31 October, 2009, Prague, Czech Republic.
Cycle of PAC Conferences – "Preservation and the Four Elements: Air, Water, Earth and Fire"
No. 1: "In and Out Air Strategies. From Climate Change to Microclimate. Library, Archives and Museum Preservation Issues"
5-6 March 2009, Bibliothèque nationale de France
Click here to see the report and the speakers' presentations.
World Library and Information Congress: August 2009, Milan, Italy
Theme: "Convergence in Preservation Research between Libraries, Archives and Museums"
Theme: "Conservation and preservation of library material in a cultural-heritage oriented context"
31 August- 2 September 2009, Rome, Italy
The proceedings are now on line.
2006 - 2009:
Please see Past conferences/events
Letzte Aktualisierung: 24 Oktober 2018