25 März 2014
Notice of IFLA 2014 General Assembly and Call for Agenda Items
The IFLA 2014 General Assembly will be held during the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2014, 80th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, in the Lyon Convention Centre, on Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 August 2014.
IFLA Members may propose items for inclusion in the agenda (Statutes, Art. 9.5). These must reach the IFLA Secretariat by 16 May 2014.
The draft Agenda is provided below. The Convening Notice for the Assembly will be forwarded to Members in June 2014.
Wednesday, 20 August 2014, 16.15–18.00
- Opening by the President, Sinikka Sipilä
- Appointment of Tellers
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Draft minutes of the previous meeting, held in Singapore, 21–22 August 2013
- In memoriam of those members who have died during the past year
- Presentation of the Report of the President
- Presentation of the Report of the Secretary General
- Presentation of the Annual Accounts by the Treasurer
Motions and Resolutions
10.1 Motion to approve the holding of the next General Assembly in August 2015 (Art 8.2 of the Statutes refers)
- Address by the President
- Motion to adjourn and reconvene at 16.15 on Thursday, 21 August 2014
Thursday, 21 August 2014, 16.15–17.30
- Presentation of Awards
- Invitation to WLIC 2015 in Cape Town
- Announcement of WLIC 2016 location
- Vote of thanks
- Close of the Assembly
For details on the conduct of the General Assembly, please refer to the IFLA Statutes.